ASCI Registered Practitioner Nominals
On successful registration as an ASCI Practitioner, the following nominals will apply:
Registered Logistics Practitioner - RegPracLog
Registered Operations Practitioner - RegPracOps
Registered Procurement Practitioner - RegPracProc
ASCI Registered Professional Nominals
On successful registration as an ASCI Professional, the following nominals will apply:
Registered Supply Chain Manager - PrSCM
ASCI Registered Professionals and Practitioner who hold registration in a recognised sector is not limited to using only the practitioner registration nominal approved. A registered practitioner may use any other title of their choice, as long as they do not present themselves as holding a type of ASCI Practitioner Registration, that they do not hold.
Using the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal
Each ASCI Practitioner Registration has an associated ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal. The seal, as a Certified Trade Mark, provides public recognition that an ASCI Registered Practitioner is registered and obliged to meet appropriate ASCI Registration Standards of professional and ethical conduct. Use of the seal does not certify the quality or accuracy of the services performed by an ASCI Registered Practitioner.
The use of the seal is subject to the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Terms and Conditions.
Using the "Registered Practitioner Nominal without holding Practitioner Registration
ASCI Registered Practitioners must take care in their use of professional titles along with their ASCI Registered Practitioner Nominals. This will avoid misleading the public into believing that you are a practitioner when you are not. Using the title ‘Practitioner’ when you are not registered by ASCI as an ASCI Registered Practitioner has the potential to mislead members of the public about your registration status.
Unauthorised use of Practitioner Registration Nominals
There are offences under the ASCI Professional and Practitioner Registration Model that prohibit the unauthorised use of the ASCI Registered Practitioner Nominals:
- people from advertising themselves as practitioners when they are not.
- persons from advertising themselves as holding practitioner registration in a sector ie Logistics, whilst registered in another sector ie Operations or Procurement
Use of the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal - Terms and Conditions
The ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal (Seal) is for use in relation to your registration as an ASCI Registered Practitioner.
By seeking to use the seal you warrant that you are registered with ASCI as Registered Practitioner in either Logistics, Operations or Procurement, to use the seal.
You may only use the seal if you:
- have agreed to abide by these terms and conditions
- declare that you agree to and will adhere to the certification trade mark rules, and the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines in Section 7.5 above, relating to the seal
- declare that you agree that the Commonwealth and ASCI do not endorse, certify, warrant or, to the extent permitted by law, accept any liability for any good/s or service/s (direct, indirect or consequential) provided by you (or your subcontractors, officers, employees or agents), arising from or in your use of the seal (or that of your subcontractors, officers, employees or agents)
- have not been directed by ASCI not to use the seal.
Grant of License
- ASCI grants you a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the seal in accordance with these terms and conditions. You must not distribute any materials that use the seal outside of your organisation (excluding any service provider that you may engage to facilitate your use of the seal, for example, printers and graphic designers) until you have complied with all the requirements of above.
- The seal must only be used in, or in connection with and as appropriate according to your registration type and any conditions imposed on your registration by ASCI. An ASCI Registered Practitioner must have met all of the relevant requirements and have been notified of ASCI's decision to grant the ASCI Practitioner Registration.
- You must only use the seal if it is accompanied by your registration number.
- The licence granted, is limited to the seal only and does not extend to any of ASCI's registered or unregistered trademarks.
- You will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions as long as you remain an ASCI Registered Practitioner.
- For clarity, you agree that your initial consent to these terms and conditions is taken to continue while you remain an ASCI Registered Practitioner. For example, you will not need to agree to these terms and conditions again in the event you renew your registration. However, if your registration with ASCI is terminated or suspended by ASCI then you must agree to these terms and conditions again should you become re-registered or once any period of suspension ends and if you wish to again use the seal.
- Notwithstanding any other clause in these terms and conditions, you agree that the licence granted, is granted at the discretion of ASCI and that ASCI may, if you are in breach of the certification trade mark rules, including these terms and conditions, cancel that licence one month after issuing you with a written notice informing you of the breach and of the intention to cancel the licence.
Ownership, Registration and Administration
The Crown in the right of the Commonwealth of Australia c/- the Australasian Supply Chain Institute (ASCI) is the owner of the seal, and all rights in the seal granted by law (including copyright in the seal) and are the applicant for the seal trademark applications.
You acknowledge and agree that your use of the seal is at your sole risk and that such use does not rely upon ASCI obtaining trademark registration of the seal.
You acknowledge and agree that ASCI will not be liable for any loss that you may incur, directly or indirectly, for any:
- changes that ASCI may require you to make to your use of the seal in accordance with these terms and conditions
- suspension or termination of the licence granted
- variations made to these terms and conditions.
The parties acknowledge and agree that:
- these terms and conditions form part of the certification trade mark rules
- that any variation to the certification trade mark rules (including these terms and conditions) may only be varied with approval from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
You acknowledge and agree that all images and representations of the seal are proprietary to ASCI.
Use of the Seal
- only use the seal in accordance with these terms and conditions, the certified trademark rules, an ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines, and any other directions about the seal provided in any other manner, to you, by ASCI
- conform to any policies for the use of the seal developed by ASCI which may be communicated to you from time to time by whatever means ASCI deems acceptable
- ensure that any written materials provided by you that contain the seal also include your name
- only obtain the seal from ASCI and use the provided files without modification (except modifications permitted by these terms and conditions and the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines
- ensure that all reproductions of the seal are accurate reproductions of the seal provided to you by ASCI, without any skewing or stretching of the seal, and without changes or substitutions to the colours, text, graphical images and other visual elements, except changes that are permitted by the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines
- not alter the size of the seal except as permitted by the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines
- alter or discontinue your use or proposed use of the seal as directed by ASCI in accordance with these terms and conditions, within 10 business days of ASCI issuing you with a written notice
- advise ASCI of any complaints that arise as a result of your use of, or in connection with, the seal within two business days of you becoming aware of the complaint
- ensure that your use of the seal is not misleading or deceptive and that it does not falsely represent the status of, or any characteristic of, your goods or services or any other product or service supplied directly or indirectly by you
- ensure that if you sell your business, or you relocate your business premises, you will remove the seal from any signs, awnings or other visual displays, at your expense, when you leave the premises or if directed to do so by ASCI
- provide ASCI with photographs of your signs, awnings or other visual displays, if requested by ASCI, at your own expense, and within 10 business days.
Reputation and Goodwill
You agree that all reputation and goodwill attaching to the use of the seal by you will endure for the benefit of the Commonwealth and ASCI.
Powers of Authorised users
Except where expressly provided under these terms and conditions, any statutory or common law rights otherwise granted to you as an authorised user of the seal are hereby excluded.
- not to directly or indirectly use the seal in any way that is illegal, in particular, without limitation, in relation to any intellectual property or consumer protection laws, or, is likely to damage the image, reputation or value of the seal or the reputation and goodwill of ASCI
- not to use the seal in any manner that disparages ASCI or that makes improper or undesirable associations with the seal
- to report immediately any suspected or actual unauthorised use of the seal that you become aware of
- to cooperate fully with ASCI in the conduct of any trademark or copyright infringement, or other legal proceedings relating to the seal brought by ASCI if requested to do so.
ASCI will be under no obligation to bring infringement proceedings in respect of the seal or to defend proceedings arising out of the use of the seal under these terms and conditions.
You agree that you must pay any reasonable costs incurred by ASCI arising from any enforcement action it undertakes in relation to any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Limitation on Liability and Indemnification
You agree that ASCI is in no way liable for any action or loss that arises in relation to your use of the seal.
You indemnify ASCI and any of its officers, employees, agents, licensees or sub-licensees against any loss (including the cost of any settlement and legal costs and expenses on a solicitor and own client basis) sustained or incurred by ASCI or any of their officers, employees, agents, licensees or sub-licensees which arises out of any action, claim, dispute, suit or proceeding brought by any third party in respect of any breach or alleged breach of any duty owed to that third party, when the breach is caused by any act or omission on your part or any of your officers, employees, subcontractors, or agents (whether or not such act or omission constitutes a breach of these terms and conditions).
Assignment and sub-licensing to other parties
You agree not to assign or sub-license your rights to use the seal.
Registration of other Marks
You agree not to directly or indirectly register or apply to register or use any unregistered trademark, business name, company name, domain name, trading name or other names that includes the seal, or that is substantially identical with, or deceptively similar to, the seal.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
ASCI may from time to time notify you, by any means it deems acceptable, of any amendments it may make to these terms and conditions. You agree to be bound by any such amendments if you continue to use the seal. The Commonwealth and ASCI are not liable for any loss incurred by you that result from any variation made to these terms and conditions by ASCI.
Preservation of Trade Marks
You undertake that neither you nor any of your officers, employees, subcontractors or agents will directly or indirectly:
- challenge the validity of the seal registrations or any future trademark registrations incorporating the seal or any similar marks by ASCI, or
- oppose the seal trademark applications or any current or future trademark applications incorporating the seal by ASCI.
To the extent permissible by law and in addition to any other disclaimers in these terms and conditions, ASCI expressly excludes any warranty or representation relating to:
- the seal trademark applications and seal registrations
- the validity of any future registrations relating to the seal
- the non-infringement of third party rights arising from your use of the seal
- any loss you may incur directly or indirectly relating to your use of the seal (irrespective of whether ASCI has pre-approved such use of the seal)
- any loss you may incur relating to ASCI suspending, cancelling, or modifying your licence to use
Cancellation and Modification of Use
ASCI may cancel or modify the licence granted, immediately by written notice to you if:
- you fail to perform or observe any of the obligations in these terms and conditions or fail to remedy the default where it is able to be remedied within 10 business days of ASCI issuing a written notice to you
- being an individual, you become bankrupt
- being a corporation, as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), you:
- become insolvent
- become subject to one of the forms of external administration provided for in Chapter 5 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), including:
- the appointment of a person to administer a scheme or compromise in relation to the body in accordance with Part 5.1 of the Corporations Act 2001
- the appointment of a controller or managing controller to the whole or any part of its assets or undertakings in accordance with Part 5.2 of the Corporations Act 2001
- the appointment of an administrator under Part 5.3 A of the Corporations Act 2001
- the appointment of a liquidator in relation to the body
- are wound up by resolution or an order of the court
- make an assignment of your estate for the benefit of creditors or enter into any arrangement or composition with your creditors
- become insolvent under administration
In the event that your registration as an ASCI Registered Practitioner is terminated under by ASCI, for any reason, the licence granted, is cancelled immediately upon the decision by ASCI to terminate your registration taking effect.
If ASCI elects to modify the licence granted to you, ASCI will set out the modified Terms and Conditions for use of the seal and you agree to comply with the modified terms and conditions.
Subject to any agreement to the contrary, on cancellation of the licence granted, you have no further rights to use the seal and must:
- destroy all digital copies you hold of the seal and provide reasonable proof to ASCI that such files have been destroyed
- remove the seal from all goods and in connection with all relevant services within 30 days of the cancellation of that licence, or such other period as specified by ASCI.
If your registration as an ASCI Registered Practitioner, for any reason, the licence is cancelled immediately upon ASCI’s decision to suspend your registration taking effect. You must re-apply to again use the seal when the period of suspension ends.
Registered ASCI Practitioner Seal Guidelines
ASCI has developed an ASCI Registered Practitioner's Seal (Seal) for use by ASCI Registered Practitioners who have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of use. The seal is designed to provide ASCI Registered Practitioners with public recognition that they are registered, have met the eligibility requirements and are obliged to meet appropriate standards of professional and ethical conduct in your profession.
All ASCI Registered Practitioners who meet the eligibility criteria are permitted to use the seal under a licence granted to the ASCI Registered Practitioners by ASCI. These ASCI Registered Practitioners may use the seal in advertising, thereby promoting confidence among clients and consumers.
ASCI Registered Practitioners must use the seal in conjunction with their ASCI Registered Practitioner registration number.
The seal is registered as a certified trademark, providing authenticity to it and ensuring that ASCI has registered rights in it.
These guidelines explain and demonstrate the ways you, as an ASCI Registered Practitioner, may use the seal once you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of Use. The guidelines, the Terms and Conditions of Use, and the Certified Trade Mark Rules ensure consistent and professional use of the seal to build and maintain its integrity.
Who can use the Seal - Eligibility Criteria
ASCI Registered Practitioners who meet the following eligibility criteria are permitted to use the ASCI Registered Practitioner's Seal under a licence, granted that:
- you are registered as an ASCI Registered Practitioner.
- you have agreed to the seal’s Terms and Conditions of Use, and abide by them, including the requirement to follow the Certified Trade Mark Rules relating to the seal
- you are not an ASCI Registered Practitioner whose licence to use the seal has been cancelled by ASCI.
The licence to use the seal is granted at the absolute discretion of ASCI and may be cancelled by ASCI where, for example, an ASCI Registered Practitioner does not comply with the Terms and Conditions of Use.
The use of the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal includes three elements:
- The logo/graphic
- The Category of ASCI Registered Practitioner - that is ASCI Logistics Practitioner, ASCI Operations Practitioner or ASCI Procurement Practitioner
- The ASCI Practitioner Registration number, to be inserted by the registrant
The ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal must meet minimum size requirements:
- Stacked version - 22mm wide (136 pixels) for electronic media and 18mm wide for print media
- Inline version - 44.5mm wide (168 pixels)
Minimum Clear Space or Exclusion Zones
The minimum 'clear space' surrounding the ASCI Practitioner Registered Seal is defined by the area 'x' (half the diameter of the seal’s inner circle), shown below in the ASCI Registered Practitioner example. This exclusion zone ensures the seal has adequate visibility and prominence on all communications.
The seal must never be placed over photographic, patterned or complicated backgrounds. The seal should be placed on a white background wherever possible. If the background cannot be white, it must be uncluttered and provide enough contrast to ensure adequate legibility.
Accessing the Seal
To access, the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal can be downloaded from the ASCI Website.
As an ASCI Registered Practitioner, you are permitted to co-brand your stationery and marketing materials with the ASCI Registered Practitioner's Seal.
Authorised use of the seal
The ASCI Registered Practitioners Seal must only be used:
- by ASCI Registered Practitioners who have agreed to and abide by the Terms and Conditions of use for the Seal, including a requirement to comply with the ASCI Registered Practitioner's Seal Guidelines
- by an ASCI Registered Practitioner whose licence to use the seal has not been cancelled by ASCI
- if it is accompanied by the ASCI Registered Practitioner's registration number
- in accordance with any directions that ASCI may publish from time to time on the ASCI website.
Restrictions using the seal
The ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal must not be used inappropriately. Some examples of inappropriate use are using it:
- in a manner that breaches the Terms and Conditions of Use, including a requirement to comply with the ASCI Registered Practitioner Seal Guidelines
- in a manner that breaches any directions from ASCI about its use
- without an ASCI Registered Practitioner's registration number
- without the name of the ASCI Registered Practitioner on written materials
- in a misleading or deceptive manner, or in any way that is illegal
- in a manner that infringes ASCI’s intellectual property and other rights in the seal – for example, ASCI’s registered rights in relation to the seal as a registered trademark
- in a way that is likely to damage the reputation of the seal or ASCI
- in a manner that makes improper or undesirable associations with the seal e.g., it must not be displayed on inappropriate websites.
If an ASCI Registered Practitioner sells their business or relocates their business premises for any reason, the ASCI Registered Practitioner must not permit the seal to remain on signs, awnings or other visual displays at their former business premises. They must remove the seal from any signs, awnings or other visual displays, at their own expense when they leave the premises, or if directed to do so by ASCI.
When the seal must not be used
The ASCI Registered Practitioner's seal must not be used where a person:
- is not registered with ASCI
- does not apply to renew their ASCI Practitioner's registration within the required timeframe required by ASCI
- has had their application for renewal as ASCI Registered Practitioner rejected
- surrenders their ASCI Practitioner Registration
- has passed away
- goes into external administration or is wound up (where the entity is a company)
- is suspended or terminated as aa ASCI Registered Practitioner
- has been directed by ASCI to not use the seal.
The following are examples of incorrect use of the ASCI Registered Practitioner's Seal:
- attempting to redesign or amend the seal
- rotating the seal or placing it on an angle
- applying effects to the seal – for example, key lines, drop shadows, glows or outlines
- altering the colour of the seal
- placing the seal on a patterned, photographic or complicated background
- allowing other elements within the exclusion zone or obscuring the seal in any way
- distorting the seal to fit a space or application
- supplying the seal to any external service provider or other entity without permission from ASCI (unless it is to an entity who is engaged in facilitating your use of the seal)
- using the seal below the minimum size requirements
- using the seal without the registration number
- inserting the registration number at a font size smaller than prescribed by ASCI
- cobranding the seal with the ASCI and/or other logos.