apicsAU has always respected the privacy of its members and people on its mailing lists. apicsAU is now bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of personal information.
This policy sets out important information about privacy protections which we extend to your personal information. It relates to all personal information that is provided to us.
How we collect personal information
apicsAU collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you:
- when you enter your personal details on application forms (eg during course registration or attending a function)
- when you provide information via your business cards
- by phone or mail or email enquiries
- from third parties such as work colleagues or other resource professionals who feel you may be interested in apicsAU activities
- from enquiries forwarded on by APICS and other Certification Partners.
How we use personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- identify you to our Certification Partners for the purposes of membership, examinations or issuing of certifications
- record results of exams; seminars attended and other apicsAU-related bodies including all continuing education activities required for certification maintenance;
- provide apicsAU services
- credit card services for payment details
- maintenance of the information as you change jobs
- research and develop any services we consider may be of interest to you should you choose
Disclosure of personal information
For the purposes set out above (under "How we use your personal information") we may disclose your personal information to organisations ouside apicsAU. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- billing and debt-recovery functions
- passed to the authority (agents) involved in running exams, planning and advising of exams and other testing
- passed to Certification Partners for exam administration certification and certification maintenance
- passed to event companies used to promote apicsAU sponsored resource management conferences, exhibitions seminars
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
apicsAU takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your email and contact details
You can easily change the information you provide to us by contacting us by phone, email, fax or mail.
Requesting your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Security of Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is managed securely. Discarded media and computers which may contain personal data are securely erased or shredded. Our best efforts are made to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access. Please note however that there are no guarantees with security of any information transmitted via the Internet.
Manual paper records and receipts containing your original request may be kept on file until destroyed or archived, depending on auditor requirements.
Exam registration and exam results information may be kept by apicsAU. However, they will not be released to anyone except to examinee without his or her written permission.