When our founder made his first batch of stock in 1982, he wanted to make an instant stock that tasted as delicious as his wife’s homemade stock.
Our founder wanted to make a delicious, healthy, affordable stock that could be used by everyone – regardless of dietary restriction, religious belief or lifestyle choice. He only wanted to use the best quality ingredients.
He had three founding principles.
- Vegetable based products are better and healthier.
- Vegetable based products are not just for vegans and vegetarians. They’re better for everyone and they can be just as tasty as a meat based equivalent. Tastier even!
- Affordable vegetable based products are the way of the future. They make sense for us all for our health, for our planet and for our pockets!
Frank’s founding principles still influence everything we do today, from our manufacturing process and our extensive health and safety accreditations, to our high quality ingredients.
If you want to know why you should buy Massel instead of any other instant stock the answer is simple. Because Massel stocks taste better, and they are better for you.
Our manufacturing process and accreditations
We know how important it is for our customers’ health and peace of mind that we maintain the most rigorous standards to ensure that all our factory is contamination free.
We have scrupulous food hygiene standards that comply with the most stringent international food safety requirements as follows:
- We are fully certified to Food Safety System Certification 22000
- We are fully certified to the ISO 22000 standard for food safety management systems
- Our HACCP certification demonstrates our commitment to food safety
- We are fully compliant with the Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Our factory is entirely gluten-free to prevent cross contamination
- We do not use animal products and our factory is animal product free
- We are Kosher Certified
Massel is all about innovation.
- We pioneered all vegetable, gluten-free and lactose-free instant bouillons.
- We made the very first bouillon without added MSG
- We were one of the first food companies to adopt nutritional tables on our packaging.
- Our vegan meat style bouillons were revolutionary (and they are still unrivalled in flavour!).
- Now we’ve created another great product first. Concentrated Liquid Stock, all the goodness and flavour of Massel in a handy pack. Each pouch makes two quarts of fresh bouillon. Just dilute in hot or cold water, and enjoy!
Massel loves this planet and we actively do our part to preserve our environment. We are founding signatories to the National Packaging Covenant – working towards a sustainable future through recyclable packaging.
Massel recognizes the plight of the Sumatran Orang-utan and we find it deplorable. Massel is a member of the R.S.P.O. (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil). Massel is a Supply Chain Associate of the R.S.P.O. and we are a part of the GreenPalm sustainability scheme. Massel demonstrates our commitment to sustainable palm oil production and exclusively purchases and uses Mass Balance Palm Oil.
We are proud of the small part we have played in the growing awareness of the benefits of good home cooking and healthy eating worldwide.
We’re also very grateful that we have been able to share our success with our community both here and around the world, and we’d like to thank the many charitable and sporting organisations that have allowed us to offer them our support.
We use premium vegetables and herbs, extra virgin olive oil and pure sea salt from our Great Southern Ocean, the cleanest ocean in the world.
We only use vegetable based ingredients, with the exception of salt (which is a mineral). All our products are vegan and always have been. And we pay attention to detail, for example, if a product uses sugar we ensure it is not refined in bone ash.
And it’s often about what we leave out, as much as what we put in. We don’t add MSG, or vast quantities of salt. We don’t use artificial flavours or preservatives. We use GMO-free ingredients.