Site Visit: The Designtec Story
Take this opportunity to see and hear the story of how this 25-year-old family-owned business re-invented itself in the aftermath of the mining boom and has prospered and grown.
Designtec is a manufacturer of custom-made and off-the-shelf ‘flat pack’office furniture, with 26 employees and 50 customers.
You will get the opportunity to see the production process where raw materials are run through a series of processes that shape, cut, modify and construct laminated timber into the finished product to be installed, or flat packed for the DIY market.
Learn how the company has:
· Developed new markets and customers, while protecting its original wholesale distribution customers.
· Created an online presence to support its new profile.
· Turned its workforce into a flexible unit able to quickly adjust to changes in workload, without significant cost impacts on the business.
· Trained its workforce using internal and external sources to be versatile and multi-skilled.
· Worked closely with its supplier base to complement the flexible nature of its workload.