Producing Real Business Benefits with S&OP | July | VIC
Guide your company to lower inventories and shorter lead times with higher shipping reliability through a better S&OP process. Recommended for any key player involved in the S&OP process from senior directors, to production, planning, inventory managers, supply chain personnel, project management, IT, finance and demand forecasting managers. Learn how to use a cross-functional Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to improve:
- Customer Service, Inventory & Profit Levels
- Overall Communication
- New Product Development
- Product & Business Rationalisation
This one day workshop is for executives who need to understand the S&OP methodology and how it relates to associated underpinning processes. It explains how Senior Management can adopt these principles to manage businesses more effectively. S&OP is a structured communication process that provides a practical and highly effective way of strategically linking sales & marketing, to supply & operations, finance & budgets, and new product development & product rationalisation. To achieve a competitive advantage, customer focused demand plans must be integrated with the supply side of the business, with detailed plans linked to aggregate ones. S&OP is common sense. It’s making it happen that is hard.
The S&OP process outlined provides the knowledge to ensure sales, operations, and inventories are aligned and that plans are measured to enable continuous improvement.
The Heenan Consulting “Safety Stock Simulator” will be given to all attendees and will be used during the sessions to show a practical approach to determining safety stocks and deciding which products need to be deleted.
- Creating & understanding an integrated S&OP process and the resultant benefits
- The Five Step S&OP process for better customer service, lower inventories and higher profits
- Engaging sales & marketing personnel - less effort, better forecasts, less new products, more successful NPD, through a proven, practical approach and simple forecasting software
- The S&OP process timeline
- Key S&OP performance measures
- The 16 Do’s and 8 Don’ts for a successful S&OP process
- S&OP performance measures
- Achieving high customer service, deleting the right products, and reducing safety stocks using a proven, practical approach and simple simulation software
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Recommended for any key player involved in the S&OP process from senior directors, to production, planning, inventory managers, supply chain personnel, project management, IT, finance and demand forecasting managers.
HOW IT WORKS
Students register and receive a confirmation letter two weeks prior to course start date confirming venue and timings. All materials are made available to students at the venue.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Phil Heenan has a CFPIM & CSCP as well as many other supply chain qualifications. He a past apics Victoria President and National President. His management roles include Group Logistics Manager and “Class A” MRPII/DRP Project Manager for one of the first Class A accreditations in the region. Phil started his consulting firm after achieving Class A in 1988. His client list includes an enviable list of Best Practice Companies who have used Phil’s vast experience to improve business profitability. Phil is an experienced practitioner, business coach and educator who specialises in four of this century’s most effective improvement initiatives; MRPII, S&OP, ERP systems and Lean, delivering outstanding benefits. A regular presenter at national and international conferences, he is also a contributing author to The Gower Handbook of Logistics Management and the S&OP Best Practices book.
- Creating and understanding an integrated S&OP process and the resultant benefits – 1984 versus now
- The 5 step “Right to Left” process for better customer service, lower inventories and higher profits
- Engaging sales & marketing personnel – less effort, better forecasts, fewer products, more successful NPD through practical approaches and simple software
- Key S&OP performance measures
- The 16 Dos and 8 Do Nots for a successful S&OP process
- Achieving high customer service, deleting the right products and reducing safety stocks using a proven approach and simple simulation software
Dates: Monday 10th July
Timing: 9 am to 5pm AEDT