APICS Execution & Control of Operations | VIC | Term 3 2017
ECO focuses on four main topics: execution of operational plans and schedules, control of production work completed and analysis of results, the management of and communication in the workplace, and the importance of utilising appropriate design principles.
The module explains techniques for scheduling and controlling operations within capacity constraints and deals with the execution of quality initiatives, cost management, problem solving, and optimising productive resources and continuous improvement activities.
Execution & Control of Operations is the fourth of 5 modules comprising the CPIM.
- Planning, execution, and control overview
- MRP-based scheduling
- Lean and theory of constraints (TOC) scheduling
- Scope and principles of operations control: MRP and Lean environments
- Inventory management in the production environment
- Product cost components and control
- Evaluating performance of production operations
- Approaches to production management
- Worker development, participation, and involvement
- Quality control and continuous improvement
- Product design principles and techniques
As part of this course, you will receive a Execution & Control of Operations course manual and access to the online CPIM Study Tools for this module, which includes performance check answers, solution slides and practice tests, as well as one CPIM exam credit voucher.
APICS does not issue a certificate for individual CPIM modules apart from Basics of Supply Chain Management. You may request a certificate from ASCI if you wish to have a formal record of your attendance/completion of this module.
To gain CPIM certification you will need to successfully complete an exam for each of the five CPIM modules.
Saturdays: 22 July, 5 August, 12 August, 2 September
4 full days
Time: 9am - 5pm
ASCI Professional Plus Members: $2200
ASCI Plus: $2315
You must be an ASCI Member to attend this course.
Professional Plus Membership is recommended as this will ensure discounted rates for CPIM exam fees but also access to additional e-resources from APICS which may assist your studies.