APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Part 2 - Guided Learning - May
Interactive Guided Learning sessions are aimed at learners
· who are unable to attend, or do not wish to attend, full day training sessions
· realise the career benefits in getting the APICS certifications
These sessions will be facilitated by the most experienced APICS instructor in Asia Pacific, John Marson. He has been an instructor, and taken every exam that APICS has ever offered.
He has seen the CPIM evolve into 7 modules, consolidate into 5, and now reconfigure as 2 modules. and so not surprisingly an APICS CPIM Master Instructor
John is especially proud of how learners he has mentored apply the learning in the workplace and their success when taking exams. However, as with all the learning approaches he has used, a successful outcome is not achieved just as a result of attending learning sessions, but also the commitment to additional study and review of the learning material.
For these two-hour sessions, it is essential to have a copy of the APICS Slide Booklet, that we will provide, because
· APICS copyright prevents slides being shown on-line
· Not all the slides are included in the Learning Systems
However, during this on-line sessions, John will not go through slide by slide, but will refer to the slides to put any discussions in context
John is expecting you to ask challenging and searching questions any stage, prior to during or after each session.
There is a restriction on the numbers to ensure the necessary interaction.
· It is a requirement that you purchase a Learning System to register for Guided Learning
· An APICS Slide Booklet is included in the price of Guided Learning
· If you are unable to attend a session, please notify John Marson. However, there is not guarantee that additional sessions will be provided
· A computer, with an active internet, speakers and microphone is required for these sessions
Content - CPIM Part 2
Module 1: Strategic Management of Resources (SMR)
- Developing a Business Strategy
- Gathering and Analysing Internal/External Information
- Where Will We Compete?
- How Will We Compete?
- Sustainability and Strategy
- Business Planning
- Aligning the Operations Strategy
Module 2: Master Planning of Resources (MPR)
- Demand Management
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Master Scheduling
- Distribution Planning
Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning (DSP)
- Inventory Management
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Managing Projects
- Detailed Capacity Planning
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply
Module 4: Execution and Control of Operations (ECO)
- Execution of Operations
- Scheduling and Authorisation
- Quality, Communication and Continuous Improvement
- Design Concepts and Trade-Offs
Upon successful completion of the both CPIM exams, you can obtain a certificate from APICS.
Please note, exam credits must be purchased separately.
Mondays: 28 May, 4 June, 18 June, 25 June, 2 July, 9 July, 16 July, 23 July, 30 July, 6 August, 13 August & 20 August
12 - 2 hour Sessions
|ASCI Plus Member Price||$945|
|ASCI Member Price||$1095|
|Non Member Price||$1345|
ASCI Plus Membership is recommended to receive discounted rates for APICS exam fees and access to additional e-resources from APICS which may assist your studies.