Accurate and Balanced Inventory | July | VIC
Achieving Accurate and Balanced Inventory
This one day workship will teach you how to implement a quick and easy approach to balancing inventories using a simulation approach adjusting safety stock “triggers” and batch sizes.
· Learn how much inventory is needed in your organisation
· How much it will cost
· How accurate it is and how you can keep it accurate
· Assuring record accuracy
· Designing the inventory process
· Cycle Counting
· Recording accuracy utilising a four step methodology used by thousands of organisations
· Measuring accuracy
· Rebalancing safety stocks and batch sizes with spreadsheets
Who should attend
Managers and financial personnel involved in ERP/MRPII/IBM/S&OP Projects and Teams who need accurate inventories for a computer based management system to be of use to the company; plus stores, logistics, purchasing, supply chain, inventory managers and planning personnel.
How it works
Students register and receive a confirmation letter two weeks prior to course start date confirming venue and timings. All materials are made available to students at the venue.
About the facilitator
Phil Heenan has been a member of APICS since 1978 and a past President of apicsAU Victoria. As Group Logistics Manager and Full Time MRPII/DRP Project Manager for The Beatrice Confectionery Group (a division of Cadbury) he was one of the first in Victoria (1988) to achieve class A in MRPII/DRP/S&OP.
He is a leader in many APICS courses, conducting public and in- house courses to all levels of management in leading Australian companies across the Asia-Pacific region.
Phil‘s qualifications include: CPIM, CFPIM, CSCP, Diploma in Business Operations Management, Diploma of Purchasing and a Graduate Diploma in Logistics Management.
Date: Tuesday 11th of July
9 am to 5pm
Date: Tuesday 11th of June
Timings: 9 am to 5pm EDST
Fees: apicsAU Member: $999
apicsAU Non-Member: $1099*
* Please note you will be deemed a member for the purpose of this course only. For more information about joining as a member, visit here